Windies warm-upsST JOHN’S, Antigua (CMC):West Indies will use unofficial Twenty20 games against minnows Zimbabwe in Sharjah as part of their preparation for next month’s T20 World Cup in India, the West Indies Cricket Board announced yesterday. The Caribbean side will take on Zimbabwe on Saturday and then again next Monday, with both games slated for the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. West Indies are currently in Dubai for a preparation camp ahead of the March 8 to April 3 T20 World Cup.They will also play two T20s against English County team Warwickshire at the ICC Global Cricket Academy on March 4 and again two days later. Following the fixtures, West Indies will fly to Kolkata on March 7, where they play official warm-up games against India on March 10 and against Australia on March 13.West Indies have been drawn in Group One of the Super 10 preliminary round stage, where they will face England, South Africa and Sri Lanka.The group will be completed by either Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Scotland or Zimbabwe, who do battle in a pre-tournament round of qualifiers.WI Women winWest Indies Women defeated South Africa Women by 16 runs in the opening One-Day International of the three-match series at Buffalo Park here yesterday.Scores: WEST INDIES WOMEN 214 for seven off 50 overs (Hayley Matthews 56, Britney Cooper 55 not out, Deandra Dottin 28, Shemaine Campbelle 26; Dane van Niekerk 2-25, Shabnim Ismail 2-40, Sune Luus 2-50). SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN 198 all out off 48.5 overs (Marizanne Kapp 69 not out, Trisha Chetty 47, Shabnim Ismail 34; Deandra Dottin 5-34, Shaquana Quintyne 2-15, Anisa Mohammed 2-36).FIFA reduces bans for Blatter, PlatiniZURICH (AP):Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini had their bans from soccer reduced from eight years to six by FIFA’s appeal body yesterday, two days before the sport’s ruling body tries to turn the page on years of scandals by electing a new president. Blatter and Platini were initially found guilty of wrongdoing by FIFA’s independent ethics committee, which is led by a German judge, over a previously-secret 2011 financial transaction.Platini, the UEFA president, said not being cleared was an “insulting decision, shameful and a denial of rights” and announced he will appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.Blatter, as FIFA president, authorised a payment of 2 million Swiss francs ($2 million) to Platini, which was found to be unethical and a conflict of interest. But following hearings last week, an in-house appeal committee comprising members of federations voting in tomorrow’s presidential election decided to relax the suspensions. The committee is headed by Larry Mussenden of Bermuda, who is currently campaigning to win a May vote to become president of CONCACAF and a FIFA vice president.Djokovic wins 700th career matchDUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP):Novak Djokovic earned his 700th career match win at the expense of Tunisian wild card Malek Jaziri 6-1, 6-2 at the Dubai Championships yesterday. Djokovic, who joined the tour a decade ago, has a 700-146 career match record.He’s one of three active players to reach 700 wins, the others being Roger Federer with 1,067, and Rafael Nadal on 775.”Sounds like I played many matches in my career,” a smiling Djokovic told the crowd.
Tag Archive: 苏州桑拿网站
– fire official claims “bomb threat”Staff and other personnel attached to the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) Headquarters, Camp Street, Georgetown, on Tuesday were positively informed that they can resume work after an immediate evacuation exercise was carried out following the sight of smoke emitting from a department on the third floor.Initial reports stated that it might be a bomb since over the past weeks, several establishments had received bomb threats. However, an employee who asked not to be named, confirmed that it was not a bomb threat but rather smoke emanating from a wire which was suspected to have caught afire.Reports confirmed that no major damage occurred as the Guyana Fire Service arrived promptly at the scene and brought the situation under control.When Guyana Times arrived on the scene, frustrated staffers of the State-owned company were seen gathered in their numbers outside of the premises waiting on instruction on their next move.GRA employees waiting to re-enter the buildingRanks of both the Guyana Fire Service and Guyana Police Force who were present at the scene, were observed to be inspecting the compound after which employees were allowed to re-enter the building.A senior Police official at the scene told the media that he was unable to give a comment on the incident and as such, directed all questions to the Crime Chief.On the other hand, when contacted, Fire Prevention Officer Andrew Holder was unable to provide sufficient information on what had transpired at the establishment. “I was told that it was a bomb scare, I wasn’t fed with any other information which would suggest that it was a fire”.
A public appeal is underway to find the people/person responsible for continuous vandalism on a road outside Dungloe.Materials and signs have been destroyed at a roadworks project on the N56 every night over the past week.Ramp warnings have been removed, signs were broken, a bin was tipped and traffic cones have been tossed out into the road. The continuous acts have caused a huge mess and a danger to motorists. Image via SLG Traffic Management LtdImage via SLG Traffic Management LtdThe vandalism has been taking place on a short stretch of road between O Donnell’s DIY Centre and Cois Locha Estate.SLG Traffic Management Ltd are currently working on the project and are appealing for the destruction to stop.A company spokesperson said the incidents have been reported to Gardaí, and anyone with any information which could help find those responsible is asked to report it.Appeal launched to find culprits behind shocking vandalism was last modified: June 24th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:dungloeroadworksvandalism