‘Ronaldo concerned about the World Cup, not Real Madrid’

first_imgTransfers Ronaldo concerned about the World Cup, not Madrid – Fernandes Tom Webber Last updated 1 year ago 19:00 6/11/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) CristianoRonaldo - cropped Getty Images Transfers Primera División Portugal v Spain Spain Portugal Real Madrid World Cup Cristiano Ronaldo Powerade The Lokomotiv midfielder believes that his national team-mate is fully focused on glory in Russia as speculation over his future continues Cristiano Ronaldo is fully focused on Portugal’s World Cup campaign and not his Real Madrid future, says international team-mate Manuel Fernandes.Madrid superstar Ronaldo suggested he could leave the Santiago Bernabeu in the aftermath of their third successive Champions League triumph last month.The 33-year-old confessed his comments were ill-timed, but it means he enters a second straight major international tournament with his next move at club level shrouded in mystery. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Out of his depth! Emery on borrowed time after another abysmal Arsenal display Diving, tactical fouls & the emerging war of words between Guardiola & Klopp Sorry, Cristiano! Pjanic is Juventus’ most important player right now Arsenal would be selling their soul with Mourinho move Ronaldo helped Portugal win Euro 2016 despite rampant speculation over his future and Fernandes insists the captain is paying sole attention to giving his country a second trophy.”I don’t have any kind of negative view. I see him as normal. He doesn’t seem to be worried about the future to me,” said Fernandes.”He’s very focused on what the national team are doing and being able to help Portugal.”Portugal are likely to be heavily reliant on Ronaldo for success in Russia, but Fernandes insists that is only natural when you have a five-time Ballon d’Or winner in the squad.”Given that he is such an important player for the team and one of the best in the world, it is normal that we have some dependence on him,” he said.”It’s perfectly normal, however Portugal were the champions of Europe because of the group, not its individuals.”In no way can Cristiano Ronaldo be detrimental to our team. It would not make much sense. He’s very demanding with himself and ends up demanding a lot from us as well.”First up for the European champions in Russia will be Iberian rivals Spain, one of the leading contenders, in Sochi on Friday.Fernandes highlighted Andres Iniesta as one of their key components, but he is content the talent at Portugal’s disposal is sufficient.”I’m a fan of Iniesta, but I don’t want any players from Spain,” said the Lokomotiv Moscow midfielder. “They have a lot of respect for our team and will always play in the same way.”Spain are very strong and a serious candidate to win the World Cup, but we will have the same seriousness as with Morocco and Iran.”last_img read more

2014 Elite Eight Finals on Fox Sports

first_imgStay tuned to the Touch Football Australia website and social media pages for when you can next see the 2014 Elite Eight finals on Fox Sports! Andrew Voss joins Australian Men’s Open coach, Tony Trad in commentary as they bring you the Men’s and Women’s Elite Eight finals from the 2014 X-Blades National Touch League in Coffs Harbour, New South Wales. The finals were first played on Fox Sports on Wednesday, 21 May and were replayed on Thursday, 22 May. Stay tuned to www.touchfootball.com.au for more announcements on times to view the 2014 Elite Eight Series and for the latest news on when the 2014 Trans Tasman Series will feature on Fox Sports as well! Related LinksElite Eight on TV!last_img read more

2016 Bundaberg Cup Registrations Open!

first_imgFollowing the success of the inaugural Bundaberg Cup in 2015, teams from around the country are getting ready to nominate for the richest Touch Football knockout in Australia, the 2016 Bundaberg Cup. With $20,000 up for grabs across men’s, women’s, mixed and junior divisions the message is to get in early to secure your team’s spot and be in the running for the largest prizemoney purse and prizes on offer.Entries for the 2016 Bundaberg Cup are now open with a new event website launched to encourage early registrations and promotion of accommodation and travel options for participants – click here.Queensland Touch Football CEO, Jamie O’Connor said: “The revamped Bundaberg Cup website makes it easier for participants to register and provides comprehensive information regarding customised accommodation, travel and tourism offers for Bundaberg Cup participants, courtesy of our great partners Bundaberg and North Burnett Tourism (BNBT) and Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ).“Touch Football Australia and Queensland Touch Football (QTF) have worked closely with BNBT, TEQ and other partners to make it more affordable and easier for players to get to Bundaberg; and enabling more time to enjoy the many local attractions that this great region has to offer,” he said.“In addition to the significant prizemoney on offer, the Bundaberg Cup provides another significant regional opportunity to boost the profile and leverage the sport and to increase tourism and participation numbers tokey destinations, such as Bundaberg.“With the recent changes to our (QTF) event calendar and advent of accommodation and travel options we are expecting team and visitation numbers to increase significantly in 2016,” O’Connor added.The General Manager of Bundaberg North Burnett Tourism, Katherine Mergard, anticipates strong visitation numbers through the period highlighting some of the many off-field activities visitors can enjoy while in town.“The Bundaberg Region is looking forward to welcoming players and families to town for the Bundaberg Cup in November this year. The Mon Repos Ranger guided Turtle Encounter tours kick-off on Saturday, 12 November, watermelons are coming into season and the Southern Great Barrier Reef is serving up snorkelling and diving experiences just off our shores, so we invite teams to stay a little longer and explore!” she said.Former NRL, Queensland Maroons, Kangaroos and now Touch Football star and event ambassador, Scott Prince joins the many returning players to Bundaberg competing in the 2016 instalment.“I’m really excited to be returning to Bundaberg to not only take part in the Bundaberg Cup but also to re-visit what the Bundaberg and North Burnett Region has to offer,” he said.“It’s a great time of year as the turtles are coming to shore to lay their eggs; a moment the family and I would love to see,” Prince said.“The prize money on offer (at the event) is outstanding which should see a good mix of the best-of the best along with social players of all ages and abilities, in town.“I am very hopeful that our team can go back-to-back,” Prince added.Teams from Sydney travelled north for the inaugural Bundaberg Cup in 2015, with organisers confident of increased participation from International, intra (Queensland) and interstate teams in 2016.Teams will compete for prizemoney in a carnival atmosphere at the Greg Duncan Fields, Bundaberg on 19-20 November (Saturday and Sunday).The Bundaberg Cup is supported by the Queensland Government through Tourism and Events Queensland in partnership with the Bundaberg Regional Council, Bundaberg and North Burnett Tourism and promoted as part of the It’s Live! in Queensland event calendar.To register your team and take advantage of the many accommodation and travel offers, head to the Bundaberg Cup website today.Related Files160812_2016_bundaberg_cup_media_release_v1-0-pdf160812_2016_bundaberg_cup_poster-pdfRelated Links2016 Bundaberg Cuplast_img read more

BACK TO TOP