27 Haitians from last illegal landing sent home

first_img Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, June 1st 2017: Twenty Seven people from last week’s Haitian boat landing in Providenciales have been caught and were on Sunday repatriated.  Twenty Two of them are said to be men, while five of them are women.One week ago, reports began circulating of the arrival of a vessel in North West Point Provo with some 100 Haitians aboard. While no official number has been given to date, it is said that the Police Service working with the Immigration Task Force apprehended 19 migrants initially leaving a vast number at large; that number now stands at 27 captured, Magnetic Media is told.The situation prompted Premier Sharlene Robinson, who was acting Immigration Minister at the time, to issue a stern warning to anyone caught harbouring illegal immigrants. She reminded that the fine for persons found guilty of such an offence stood at $20,000.Premier Robinson said it was time the TCI sent a strong message that it is a country with laws in place to deal with illegal migrants, as it could not continue to use funds intended for developmental purposes, for detention and repatriation.Questions about why the coastal radar did not detect the illegal sloop went unanswered.Anyone with information on the whereabouts of illegal immigrants  have been asked to contact the relevant authorities.#MagneticMediaNews#27HaitiansCaughtAndSentHome#StifferIllegalImmigrantPenalitiesCominglast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*

BACK TO TOP